Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Web 2.0 Tool QR Codes

A QR (quick response) code is a scannable code that allows the user to receive information on a mobile device.  This 2.0 tool was the easiest to create and use.  Now this is the way technology should work for teachers!  I used qrstuff.com to create my QR codes.  In about a minute I created 3 to 4 QR codes that got my creative juices flowing on how I could use these codes in my lesson plans.  I love how the site has all 4 steps numbered and all the various data types you can plug in are displayed on the front page.  I also love how you can create color QR codes.

The first QR code I created was to my Blabberize.  After scanning my QR to make sure it worked I noticed that the code would only get me to the Blabberize website, this was a bit of a let down.  I also created a QR code to link to a fruit vocab. Quizlet which worked great.  The last QR code sample I created was a link to my digital story on YouTube and it worked!
Some ideas I have for using QR codes are to have them on top of a verb activity worksheet and if a student is stuck with verb conjugation they can scan the code to reveal the verb conjugation or a link to a verb chart on-line.
I can also create vocabulary review worksheets with QR code links to my vocabulary Quizlets that can aid students.  I could also QR codes around the classroom at various stations where students would have to watch a video clip or song and answer questions.  QR codes would also work for ice breakers and trivia or cultural units.  Students could could create their own QR code trivia game, the possibilities are endless!
Lastly, I could use QR codes to showcase students work to parents 
and other students in the school. It would be fun and educational for all students to be able to view a presentation or project created by the Italian classes at Roosevelt.  I rate this 2.0 tool 10 out of 10 for being user friendly for both teacher and students!
                                              Sample QR codes:



1 comment:

  1. I can definitely see the potential for how QR codes could be used in a foreign language class. Maybe in the future you can have your students record and create QRs for your vocabulary words (maybe as extra credit) and have them posted on top of review sheets.

    ReplyDelete